• "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Saturday, January 16, 2010

I am Nicki Minaj................

Okay so Im totally into Female Rap Artist. I've been a big fan of Lil Kim, Trina, Missy Elliot, Lauryn Hill, as far as back as Mc Lyte, Da Brat & Yo Yo. But, I have to say 25 year old Nicki Minaj ( Onika Miraj ) the "Harajuku Barbie" from Jamaica Queens, New York is quite different. She was discovered on Myspace and was then signed to Young Money Entertainment which is pretty cool. This is how you know this girl is talented. She has this crazy accent that guys go crazy over, hey girls too. Nicki hasn't even dropped her own album out and has a world-wide fan base. Now lets talk about her style of rapping. Do you guys understand her all the time? To be honest I have to play her tracks a couple times before I get it. lol. Honestly speaking her accent is what set her aside from a lot of female rappers in the industry to me. Before "Bed Rock" & "5 Star Chick Remix" came out, I don't even think some people even knew who this chick was.

No comments:

Post a Comment